January 11, 2012

Freewrite Assignment #1

Okay, I haven't been good about writing on here (though I promise I have been working on novels on a fairly regular basis). I am in a creative writing class that is having me do a freewrite every time in class. I figure that if I have people reading it, I'll actually try to do a really good job each time. So here is my first one.

I could choose to do a poem or piece of fiction, but I had to include these: a type of fruit, a type of vehicle, curtain, bus, magic, sky lark, and snow.

It's magic.
There's just no other explanation for the scene outside my window. I push aside the curtain then pull up the frame to allow the chill to seep into my room, coating my skin with goosebumps and sending shivers up my spine. I poke my head out the window and stick out my tongue to catch a few of the snowflakes falling. And though it's not a healthy breakfast like the apple or orange my mom is bound to give me later, it is sweet and satisfying.
I watch as a Prius struggles to get out of its driveway and laugh when I see a skylark also observing the doomed failure of the car.
And that's how the magic works; it's not the cold chill or the beautiful white snow. It is the fact that there is no way the bus can drive safely on the roads today.
School is cancelled.


Okay, so this was written in 5 minutes, so don't be too harsh on me. :) I have this class twice a week so I'll post again soon. Maybe this way I'll get better at writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment